2016 Teachers Meeting Report
Permaculture teachers from across the UK met for a day before the 2016 UK Convergence.
Learning coordinator Joe Atkinson reports on what happened in the video above.
The running order comprised:
- Review of education context - the view from the office and a rich picture from teachers.
- Review of results from the survey into proposed new Educator membership type.
- Open Space discussions.
- The Way Ahead: workshop on where to go next with education.
Links to documents relating to each section of the meeting follow.
- Report to Board of Trustees, May 2016
- Education vital statistics: actuality, capability & potentiality
- Rich Picture of attendees' views
Proposed Educator Membership: Survey Results
- Educator Membership Type survey results
- Pricing the Educators' membership type
- Survey responses: reflections from attendees
Open Space Session Write-ups
- CPD written up by Hannah Thorogood
- Dyslexia written up by Viv Chamberlin-Kidd
- Quality teaching written up by Justin Marsh
- Global collaboration written up by Steve Charter
- Online & blended learning written up by Andy Goldring
- Permaculture by stealth in mainstream education written up by Phil Pritchard
- Permaculture Children written up by Lusi Alderslowe
- Promoting the Diploma on PDCs written up by Finn Weddle
- Regional Teaching Hubs written up by Finn Weddle
- Social Permaculture written up by Klaudia van Gool
- The Role of the Education Working Group written up by Paul Paine
The Way Ahead
Apply for Educator Membership - coming soon!
Teach PDCs? Why not join our Certifying Teachers Register and issue Association certificates
Got ideas and time to contribute? Join the Education Working Group to help steer strategy and guide policy formulation.
See details of the Education Network Coordinator job vacancy and please share.