Scotswood Garden is a 2.5 acre, Permaculture Land Project at the heart of an urban community.
Our mission is ‘to inspire and promote learning about nature, the environment, and sustainable living, whilst having a positive impact on health and wellbeing.’
Our objectives are:
- To provide opportunities for all sections of the community to participate in activities that improve their understanding of nature and of developing a sustainable environment.
- To provide opportunities for people to participate in the development of the Garden and the wider community
- To enable people to gain new skills and knowledge, develop their creativity, improve their fitness, and their overall health & wellbeing
- To have a positive impact on the development of a cohesive and sustainable community in Scotswood.
- To provide a haven for native flora and flora
We use nature- based interventions to enable local people to improve health and wellbeing, gain new skills and qualifications, boost confidence, reduce isolation or simply to come together to experience the richness of nature on their doorstep. We achieve our objectives through 6 programmes of work, 1. adult volunteering and work experience, 2. older people's programme, 3. youth work programme, education programme, and community outreach which includes 4 seasonal fun days. Visit our website or social media for more infomration.