There are many great reasons to join the Permaculture Association in addition to supporting our work. We provide our members with the following benefits and services:
Member's pack – a collection of articles, newsletters, frequently asked questions, details of services and how to get involved is sent to all new members.
Member's bulletin - as well as news about our own events, new member benefits and discounts, hear about opportunities to attend festivals and events on behalf of the Association. Learn more here!
Permaculture Works – members receive our quarterly newsletter, and the monthly e-bulletin
Website login - All members are issued with a website login so that they may create their own profile and add content to the website noticeboard, events listings and course listings.
Promotion - publicity for your projects, courses and events via our website, newsletter and ebulletin.
Networking - contacts in Britain and around the world. You can request lists of members in your area at any time.
Regional and national events – find out first about conferences, courses and events, including the very popular bi-annual Permaculture Convergence.
Diploma - design course graduates can work towards the Diploma in Applied Permaculture Design.
Designer's Register - as a member you can apply to be added to the listing of teachers and designers.
Project's network - helps groups and projects to attract funds and makes it easier to exchange skills and resources. Projects can now apply to join the LAND demonstration network.
Join working groups – for example the research working group has formed to investigate, document and disseminate permaculture theory and practice.
Telephone helpline - help with your enquiries. We can recommend places to visit, books to read and connect you to others who can help you if we can't.
*NEW* Educator members
Educator members will benefit from all the benefits listed above, plus a dedicated Educators online portal. Read all about the new membership package here.
Lifetime members will benefit from all of the above - for Life!
- All the benefits listed under individual membership benefits above.
- Group member feature in Permaculture Works.
- Up to three extra copies of the newsletter (you can request more!)
- Access funding from Trusts and Charities that only give grants to registered charities via Project Support
- All groups are listed online (unless you ask not to be.)
Business and Organisation members (NGOs, universities etc)
Business and Organisation Membership is a new area for us and we are keen to work with you in a flexible way to meet your needs and expectations. In addition to the usual member benefits, business members will also receive:
- Extra copies of the newsletter, please let us know how many you need.
- Business member feature in Permaculture Works.
- Savings on advertising within the newsletter.
- Diploma - Up to three members of your business are eligable to apply to the Diploma under one Business membership*.
- Partnerships - we actively encourage and seek partnerships with Business and Charity Members. A member of our staff will call you to explore opportunities for joint working on mutually beneficial projects.
- Telephone help-line - help with your enquiries. We can guide you to a wide range of resources, recommend places to visit, advise on training opportunities, books to read, and provide broad technical assistance.
*Normal Diploma fees per applicant apply.
Benefits to others
As well as getting a good range of excellent value services, joining the Association means that you are helping us to help others and supporting the network. Our enquiry service is used by thousands of people each year, and we provide a wide range of information that really makes a difference - connecting people, ideas and resources.
Our international coordinator provides assistance to people across the world, often to people that are isolated, with little support and facing huge challenges. The Association makes sure that permaculture thinking and practice is brought to the attention of policy makers and other civil society groups and organisations.
If you are already a member, thank you! If not, please join the thriving permaculture network. We welcome donations to support additional work to develop permaculture in Britain and around the world - many permaculture projects have benefited from your generosity and made a real difference to those involved.