Join as an Educator Member
Your work educating people is essential to the spread of permaculture.
In permaculture we often have to adapt to alternative methods in new situations. Being able to learn quickly, make connections and adapt new skills is crucial.
As a charity whose main purpose is to widen the reach of permaculture, the education team undertook research to better understand the issues educators face and how we might help you to develop your teaching livelihood.
Our research showed key areas that educators need support with. We set about designing a membership package to support the common needs of permaculture educators. Now it’s ready and you can join.
The educator membership will encourage and value diversity while supporting your common needs. With your membership, you will have access to an exclusive members portal. Read on to find out more about it.
We have launched the education membership, it is packed full of features which are listed below. This is in addition to the usual benefits of individual membership. This is just phase 1 - the membership will evolve, getting even better, responding to members’ feedback.
- The opportunity to create a new, improved Educator Profile. Prospective students can use this to search for you. You can list your experiences & specialisms and you can upload videos and images.
- A feedback loop to influence how your membership evolves.
- A dedicated education network coordinator, ready to support you in your education needs.
- Support with your marketing: how to market with us, new avenues of marketing and learn about how to market well, including a free business plan template!
- Discounts on books, courses and more.
- A whole range of teaching resources, teaching practice support, research briefings and policies.
- Up to date opportunities listed for educators, which are emailed to you as they are posted.
- Branded templates, research briefings and off the shelf risk assessments.
- Order student certificates through the portal
- An easier way to register new students
By getting involved now you can make decisions about how the membership evolves. Keep posted for information about new developments in phase 2.
What is the educator’s portal?
In a nutshell, the educator’s portal is an online facility to help you teach permaculture
In the portal, you'll find useful resources, advice and help with many aspects of your work, such as:
- best practices and innovation.
It's also the place for you to easily contact Jemma, your Education Network Coordinator.
How do I join?
If you are a current member, your membership fee can be deducted from the educator price. Please email our membership coordinator to calculate and organise this payment.
Remember, you can pay in monthly instalments - meaning your new educator's membership portal and all the support that comes with it, is only £7.50 a month, or only £4.50 if you've already paid for your standard membership.