From small mobile battery packs to household battery banks to electric vehicles to grid scale storage, we are relying more and more on batteries as a crucial party of our energy system. And with distributed renewable energy becoming more common, there's never been a greater emphasis on the importance of storing electricity.
This half day workshop will take a look at some of the everyday applications for lithium batteries, how they work, what differences there are between different types of lithium cells, what the risks and dangers are, and how the way they are used is changing. We will show how to recover lithium cells from old laptop batteries to build your own power bank, and explain how you might use them in your own DIY energy projects.
- Learn what energy is - how it works today, and what’s in store for the future
- Understand the electrical basics: current, voltage, resistance, power, series and parallel circuits
- Build your own USB power bank!
- Understand how to recover and test lithium battery cells
- Dig deeper into the energy dilemma - and possible solutions
No prior knowledge required!
For more information on our courses go here.
To book a place go here.
To book with Build Your Own Solar Charger and save £15 go here.
All profits reinvested into our social objectives.
Demand Energy Equality is a not-for-profit dedicated to increasing energy literacy, reducing energy demand and working with others to ensure equality of energy access.