17 day PDC PLUS, more then 72hours curriculum
*PLUS optional yoga, nature connection/deep ecology exercises, mindfulness practices, food-as-medicine talk and more!
This unique 17 day course will consist of a broad range of topics applicable to life anywhere on the planet,at the same time catering to specific needs of the participating students.
Topics will include:
• History and Definition of Permaculture
• Ethics and Principles of Permaculture
• Design Methodologies
• Patterns in Nature, Culture and Society
• Reading the Land – Observation
• Land Restoration Techniques
• Water Harvesting Techniques
• Grey Water Recycling
• Natural Building Strategies
• Cultivated & Productive ecological Gardens
• Food Forests and Plant Guilds
• Appropriate Technologies
• Integrated Pest Management
• Food Forest
• Animal Management in Permaculture
• And many more fun and dynamic activities!
The course is adapted to a wide variety of learning styles and is presented via lecture, images, video,group discussion, individual and group exercises, and design projects.
Richard Rico Zook | Permaculture Desinger, Consultant & Instructor
As well as creating and working with a wide variety of landbased systems in all types of climatic environments, Rico brings over 40 years of experience in nature to his work. For the past 20 years he has been a Permaculture designer, consultant and educator working with private individuals, farmers,villagers and local organizations in northern New Mexico, India, Cambodia, the middle-east and other parts of the world.
Mr. Zook is a graduate of Sonoma State University, from which he holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Environmental Studies focused on land restoration, with minors in Biology and Philosophy.
Please contact us to receive a more detailed info brochure!Looking forward hearing from you.