Participants attending this course need to have completed a 72 hour Permaculture Design Course and have good practical experience in designing and managing Permaculture systems.
The course is designed to equip participants with participatory Permaculture facilitation skills, as well as a solid understanding of the standard content of an international PDC. Based on their Permaculture experience, participants should be able to co-facilitate or assist on PDCs after this course, particularly courses training adult learners.
The course will have some important preparatory work required from students so that we can use our training time more effectively. We have a limit of 12 participants to ensure that the quality of training and attention to students remains of a high standard.
PRELIMINARY COURSE CONTENT
1. PDC course curriculum
2. Participatory facilitation methodologies
3. Dealing with learning challenges
4. Designing courses for different applications and durations
5. Various methods of mapping and design
6. Revision of organic techniques
7. Overview of sustainable building techniques
8. Overview of green technologies
9. Overview of broad-scale applications of Permaculture
10. Active learning techniques for presenting information
11. Presenting short sessions to the group and receiving feedback and assessment
The course content may be slightly modified to suit all participants once the questionnaires have been returned.
COURSE COSTS R4000.00 for the six day course covers training, two teas, lunch and a short course manual.
Accommodation and transport are for the participants own expense. Bookings are to be made
Please confirm your place with a deposit of R2000.00 by 25 April 2011.