Since the beginning of 2010 there has been an evolving team of people successfully working on furthering Permaculture in Scotland following this mission statement:
“To support the beneficial transformation and development of environments, communities and individuals towards a resilient and sustainable Scotland.”
This work is ongoing and we appreciate all the help and support from individuals, projects, funders, the Permaculture Association and anyone reading this. Thank you.
Non-Stuff Festival: 12-15th September 2014
Permaculture Scotland are partners with the Non-Stuff Festival.
This first ever NonStuff festival, supported by Permaculture Scotland will be held at Wiston Lodge, Scotland, and is the brainchild of permaculture designer, musician, mobile sauna owner and social artist James Chapman.
The festival is a collaborative event, with partners; supporters; like-minded people; gathering together and celebrating music, art, community, nature, family, creativity, diversity & skill sharing. The ethos being 'Do It Together'
Tickets available @ Brown Paper Tickets
What's on offer?
- Permaculture workshops; from Introduction sessions to more specialist subjects, we will bring together the finest permaculture teachers in Scotland, and further afield. There will be hands-on practical workshops, theoretical sessions and there will also be lots of interactive discussions and time for questions.
- Creative Workshops including art, dance, crafts, singing, music, drumming, up-cycling and many other wild and wonderful extensions of creative expression.
- Children's activities from storytelling, arts & crafts to family yoga sessions
- Unamplified Performances of all varieties (no Sound Systems, just direct from the sound source to your ears as nature intended.)
- Games - Volley Ball competition, Tiddlywinks sessions, Table tennis and lots of other games
- A coming together of some pretty amazing and wildly creative folk, who appeared as if by magic - from the empty space around us and offered to share their experience, talent & knowledge.
We invite you to join with us in the creativeness, and then go on to make your own magic.
When: 6pm Fri Sept 12th – 10am Mon Sept 15th, 2014
Where : Wiston Lodge, Wiston, Biggar, South Lanarkshire, ML12 6HT
More info : email@example.com 07790 265883
Cost (camping included in prices) :
Ticket prices adults £85/£55
Beds are available for £30 extra for the weekend.
Day tickets also available £12/£40
There are only 350 tickets available.
Permaculture Scotland Gathering 2014
The gathering in June at one of our new ScotLAND Centres – Urban Roots, in the South-East of Glasgow was fantastic! With workshops, kids activities, general meeting, networking, a pot luck lunch, meeting old friends and new, and an incredibly delicious local, organic evening meal put on by Urban Roots, and a ceilidh with dancing til midnight, a fantastic time was had by all!
ScotLAND is a Scotland-wide network supporting and creating permaculture Learning And Network Demonstration (LAND) Centres. The aim of ScotLAND is to demonstrate practical examples of land-based permaculture design in various different places, micro-climates, and cultures throughout Scotland. These will include both urban and rural home gardens, community gardens, public spaces, allotments, smallholdings and farms.
So far we have a wonderful 7 ScotLAND Centres, and 5 ScotLAND Learners who are working their way towards becoming a Centre. For more information about ScotLAND, please go to:
You can see the whole map of LAND Centres and Learners at:
We are organising a ScotLAND tour after the International Permaculture Convergence in London in September 2015, please contact us: scotland@ to find out more.
Staying in Touch
To keep in touch, offer help or for information email us via the Contact form on this website.
To find us on Facebook go to our info page at www.facebook.com/permaculture.scotland, and go to our group at www.facebook.com/groups/permaculturescotland
We also encourage you to join our yahoo group: http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/scottishpermaculture/