Loans for Enlightened Agriculture Programme
At the Real Farming Trust we understand the challenges that agroecological food and farming enterprises face in raising finance, whether that is waiting for a grant to come through or having the funds to grow and develop when you have no assets to secure against.
We want to create a way of filling that gap between grant and commercial funding by:
- working closely with you to understand your situation
- looking at both your financial performance and your social impact
- working with you through every step of the application process
- helping you to build the long-term sustainability of your organisation.
The Loans for Enlightened Agriculture Programme (LEAP) offers you a mix of affordable loans and grants, side by side with a comprehensive mentoring programme and hands on approach.
LEAP is a new model for financing and supporting food and farming enterprises that puts people and the biosphere at the heart of our food system. LEAP will provide a critical next step for community based agroecological enterprises that have relied on grant funding to date and who have had nowhere to go to finance their onward development.
We will prioritise investment in the following ownership/governance structures:
- Community Interest Companies
- Community Benefit Societies
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations.
Full details and register your interest: http://www.feanetwork.org/our-projects/loans-for-enlightened-agriculture-programme