This is a ‘hands on’ practical day showing you how you can turn your glut of apples into beautiful fresh juice and cider, or for those interested in learning about small commercial apple juice/cider production.
The day will include:
* introduction to cider making
* harvesting apples from our orchards
* washing & pressing the fruit using both a traditional cider press and modern mill
* pastuerising and bottling
* cider tasting
* you will also have the chance to take home some fresh pressed apple juice
Matt Dunwell has been making apple juice and cider for over 12 years and has planted cider and perry trees over the last 20 years that are now coming into production, including ‘Kingston Black’the king of cider apples.
Members of the Permaculture Association can add Events, Courses, Jobs and Opportunities to the website noticeboard.
Join or log in to add yours.
Become a member