Meanwood Valley Urban Farm
Located within a deprived area of Leeds, the farm provides:
· An environmental education service to schools where children from inner city schools can learn first hand from nature and farm animals.
· Training leading to qualifications for young people (14 to 19) who do not engage in mainstream education.
· Training for special needs adults in horticulture
· Locally grown food and allotments for the community
· Summer holiday environmentally themed playscheme
· A leisure resource for inner city dwellers, accessible and cheap
· Maintenance of a 24 acre site which forms a green wedge of countryside cutting through the inner city which supports a rich diversity of wildlife.
Meanwood Valley Urban Farm is a 10-minute bus journey from Leeds railway station. Bus nos: 51, 52 ,55 from Briggate, City Centre to Meanwood Road Ridge Grove stop. Cross road and walk along pathway opposite the stop to the entrance to the Farm on Sugarwell Road