Another Permaculture course is in the works for Europe from the teaching team of TreeYo. Check out our site to learn more about the PDC and the teaching team.
The course will be held in the spectacular Balkan Mountains and valley of the roses region in the historic village of Shipka.
This course includes the following topics and more:
- Ethics, Principles, and Methods of Design
- Water harvesting, conservation, purification, and revitalization
- Trees, reforestation, and nutrient recycling
- Soil classification, biological stimulation, and remineralization
- Climatic Factors and their influences on the design
- Tropical, Dryland, and Temperate influences on vegetation, housing, and earthworks
- Nutrition, fermentation, and local food systems
- Transition Towns – emerging and evolving approach to community level sustainability
Our aim as Permaculture trainers is to creatively facilitate a learning process that empowers people in Permaculture design through experiential learning and hands-on training. Each student completes the course with a site design and presentation based on the skills and knowledge accumulated throughout the two weeks.
The course will be held at Permaship, which is two household acting symbiotically in the principles and ethics of Permaculture. It has several water harvesting features, gardens, vermiculture systems, and an emerging food forest as well as some natural building examples.