Skills and knowledge to redesign your farm or land holding into an agroecological, productive and regenerative system.
Booking is essential (deposit or full payment)
Over the weekend we will be designing the layout of a real farm.
Regenerative agriculture (RegenAg), agroforestry, Keyline planning, soil health principles, Holistic Management, permaculture design.
• Learn by doing - participatory/hands-on design session and facilitated discussions.
• Experiment with design options and create example plans in an informal, supportive setting.
• Discuss the different design & management options available to us as farmers/land managers, through the medium of a site specific design.
• Gain confidence in design and decision-making through group discussion and by making placements
• Create a synthesis of complementary elements on a farm.
• Relate new knowledge and thinking to your own farm or holding.
• Create an indicative design of a generic small farm that is to scale, show casing the options and opportunities for regenerative agriculture.
This course is suitable for:
• Farmers/farm managers & landowners
• Consultants and advisors
• Those looking to buy/rent land
• Those looking to do a One Planet Development
What visits will be included?
• Grass-fed beef and microdairy farm (70 acres)
• Agroforestry smallholding (5 acres)
What You Take Away from the Course:
• Printed 33 page handout
• Powerpoint presentations