Don’t miss this hands-on practical course taking place at an Organic Market Garden in Somerset. Learn about all aspects of polytunnel growing.
The course will cover the basics of:
• Crop selection
• Crop rotation timing and planning
• Soil health and fertility in a polytunnel
• Watering and irrigation
• Disease and pest control (including slugs!)
• Planting, sowing and harvesting
• Making use of space around the outside of the tunnel
The course will also touch on construction and maintenance. The day takes place at Paddington Farm’s thriving organic market garden, which works with volunteers and groups to produce food for the Glastonbury area.
About the Tutor: Robert Macbeth is a self-taught organic market gardener. He has been running a successful 1.5 acre garden for 7 years at Paddington Farm Trust in Glastonbury, with lots of help from the trust, volunteers, and children. He also sells the produce at affordable prices at Glastonbury’s Tuesday market and at a new store on the highstreet.