Join us for six days of exciting permaculture teacher training that will change the way you think about education.
● Move towards a permaculture teaching career
● Empower others with life-changing skills
● Learn to pass on knowledge of permaculture theory and practice in ways that creates real change in your students, and activates entire communities.
Essential and practical aspects of permaculture teaching that are applicable to:
● PDC teaching;
● Community permaculture education;
● Permaculture school garden teaching;
● Help you with many other forms of communicating knowledge eg.: meetings, seminars, etc.
Specifically, the course content includes:
● Introductions, hopes and experience;
● Teaching the PDC and short courses;
● Teaching methods – lectures, workshop, groups, etc.;
● Who are your learners – what do they want?;
● Psychology of adult learners;
● Principles of adult learning;
● Learning targets;
● Teaching tools, references, models;
● What makes a good teacher?;
● Teacher behavior;
● Assessments of class and teacher;
● Visual tools – materials, etc.;
● What are our desired outcomes?;
● PDC course structure;
● Learners with special needs, prisoners, ethnic minorities;
● Review and questions.
AND, five days of practice teaching and learning the PDC curriculum
The course was designed by Rosemary Morrow, known for her effective approach to introducing Permaculture systems across a broad range of environments and circumstances
It is facilitated by Patricia Pereira, Hugo Oliveira & Alfred Decker.