This Spring the two long-term Mentors of Gaia University International and now directors of Gaia Action Learning Academy, Germany, Katharina Weber and Valerie Seitz will be travelling to the UK to run two unique courses including a full 4 day course on Permaculture Project Management.
About the Course
Permaculture is a powerful design method for integrative sustainable systems. So far mostly used in landscaping, the team of Gaia Action Learning Academy is now transferring these tools into our work settings. On this course you will learn how to use permaculture principles & strategies for building up and running your organizations so they thrive and have a strong impact in creating changes towards regenerative lifestyles.
The main focuses of our businesses and organisations are manifesting activities & projects. These essential dynamics are regulated by project management tools & strategies. However many traditional project management models are limited by not taking a systems approach.
On this course we will be transferring the Permaculture way of thinking into project management. We will look at how our organisational processes and our actual project results can be designed to manifest our Permaculture Ethics. We will explore how we can ‘obtain a yield’ to make ourselves, our projects & our organisations more effective through design.
What will I do on the course?
* Reflect on my project work
* Analyze my resources (people, time, energy, finance,..) & explore resource management
* Look for potential opportunities and challenges in my project work
* Apply permaculture principles in my work setting
* Explore our time management to enhance our efficiency
* Look at our personal development & life management as part of organising our teams
* Explore the social processes of project design & management such as facilitation & leadership
* Develop our documentation & research skills