Learn everything you need to know about starting your very own food forest and off grid farm while experiencing community living on a new permaculture project. Enjoy daily yoga and meditation practice amongst the beautiful Portuguese countryside!
- Enjoy a tour of our three new food forests and the farm
- Design and plant a new food forest
- Learn how to draw to scale drawings for design and planning
- Learn about the food soil web, how to make organic fertilisers and cultivate microbiology for the soil
- Discover how to properly research trees and their companions
- Learn how to design guilds and a food forest
- Plant trees and guilds in the food forest
- Propagate perennials to plant into next year’s food forests
- Create beds for annuals in between the trees for planting to maximise the space in the food forests
- Learn how to design, select and buy irrigation systems
- Plan and perform earthworks for water catchment
- Learn how to make compost piles, organic fertilisers and how to breed fungi and bacteria for the soil (teas)
- Attend evening workshops on fermentation and how to make natural soaps
Daily Yoga class
3 Organic vegetarian meals per day
Accomodation in your tent. Caravans and tips available for hire
Members of the Permaculture Association can add Events, Courses, Jobs and Opportunities to the website noticeboard.
Join or log in to add yours.
Become a member