Do you want to learn about making herbal preparations from the forest garden? Are you keen to learn about how to harvest for quality and best practice in drying and storing healing plants? Are you interested in the medicinal possibilities of a range of plants including trees and shrubs? This course offers guidance and information about harvesting, processing and using plants from the medicinal forest garden based on bark, flowers, fruits, leaves and roots of trees and shrubs. You will see a variety of native and introduced medicinal trees and shrubs.
The course is based around 10 online lessons with short videos, activities, quizzes, information sheets and further reading.
Benefits will include:
• Find out about threats to herbal harvests worldwide and the potential for growing and using medicinal plants, especially trees and shrubs
• See the importance of accurate plant identification and getting the right plant!
• Get information on a range of medicinal trees, shrubs and other herbs that have medicinal qualities
• Learn about making herbal infusions and creating tea combinations, as well as making tinctures and extracts using alcohol and water
• Use fresh and dried herbs for body and skin remedies, and discover ways of making herb powders and possibilities with capsules and pills
• See how distillation is carried out, producing hydrosols and essential oils
• Find out about demand for herbal products and upscaling the harvest, making a plan to develop a herb business
• Develop seasonal harvesting, keeping records and samples
• Use herb products safely and know how to find further professional advice
No special experience is needed, just an interest in harvesting and using medicinal plants including trees and shrubs.
Members of the Permaculture Association can add Events, Courses, Jobs and Opportunities to the website noticeboard.
Join or log in to add yours.
Become a member