Another Permaculture course is in the works for Europe from the teaching team of TreeYo. Check out our site to learn more about the PDC and the teaching team. http://treeyopermaculture.wordpress.com/
The course will be held in the magical Sintra region just outside of Lisbon and close to the beach in a quaint village called Almocageme.
This course includes the following topics and more:
- Ethics, Principles, and Methods of Design
- Water harvesting, conservation, purification, and revitalization
- Trees, reforestation, and nutrient recycling
- Soil classification, biological interaction, and remineralization
- Climatic Factors and their influences on the design
- Tropical, Dryland, and Temperate influences on vegetation, housing, and earthworks
- Nutrition, fermentation, and local food systems
- Transition Towns – emerging and evolving approach to community level sustainability
Our aim as Permaculture trainers is to creatively facilitate a learning process that empowers people in Permaculture design through experiential learning and hands-on training. Each student completes the course with a site design and presentation based on the skills and knowledge accumulated throughout the two weeks.
The course will be held at Escola Da Terra which is a Waldorf inspired community run, home school that has several water harvesting features, gardens, vermiculture systems, and an emerging food forest as well as a great surrounding community.
2 week certified Course, 80 plus hours