This four-week course is an introduction on how to bring a product to market for small-scale producers. It is aimed at anyone interested in developing their livelihood by selling local food.
The course will cover:
• Being a local food producer (practicalities and ethics)
• Deciding the right product
• Sales options – discerning between local markets, shops, selling online and so forth.
• Product to market logistics – from sourcing ingredients, packaging, storage and delivery options and more.
• Legislation and compliance
• Developing the market – advertising and outreach
• Bookkeeping and financial management
About the Tutor: B.A. Pavla Kislerova
After studying performance art Pavla followed her passion for plants and pursued a Permaculture Design Course followed by Level 2 Community Horticulture Course.
She set up her little food business 6 years ago in Frome. Hej Gro focuses on ethical and environmentally sound food production, using foraged ingredients and making healthy food. From peddling to market trading her produce can now be found in local health food stores. Running the business she’s experienced many different roles being manager, accountant, forager, chef, producer, market trader, while working with her partner who focuses primarily on the design and marketing.