The Group Visit Scheme to be suspended
With 6 months to go, we've already exceeded our target for number of visits so as of May 18th 2012, the group visit scheme - part of the LAND Project - will be suspended.
We are seeking funds to continue aspects of the LAND project (a four-year funded project thanks to the Big Lottery and Local Food Fund), but we have not found funding to continue the Group Visit Scheme yet.
We're still looking for funding, but until we've found it, we have no option but to put the Group Visit Scheme on hold.
What does this mean for LAND Centres?
- Any visits that have been arranged and applied for before May 18th 2012 will be honoured.
- If you have arranged a visit, but you or the group have not submitted the application form, you have until Friday the 18th of May to do so.
- Any applications received after the 18th of May will be declined.
- No expenses will be paid retrospectively (i.e. where an application for funding has not been sent in advance).
What does this mean if you are a group and want to visit a LAND Centre?
- Applications received prior to 18th May 2012 will be considered.
- Applications received after the 18th May 2012 will be declined.
- No expenses will be paid retrospectively.
- You can still contact a LAND Centre and ask to visit, but we can no longer pay them to host you.
Thanks to all who have helped to make this a success so far. Loads of people have learned about and experienced permaculture in action who perhaps would not have otherwise.
Let's try and keep the momentum going!